textile artist, lecturer & translator
- 1970-71 Bourneville School of Art & Design, Birmingham, U.K.
- 1971-74 Manchester Metropolitan University, Dept. of Embroidery. U.K.
- 1975-76 Bristol University, Dept. of Education. U.K.
- 1972-1979 The 62 Group, U.K.
- 1990-1995 Patchwork Professionals, Holland.
- 1996-2001 CQ’96 Dutch Quilt Art Group.
- 2007 to date Quilt Art, U.K.
- Professional Artist Member, SAQA, U.S.A. Surface Design Association, U.S.A.
Specialist subject : Art & Design related texts.
Languages : Dutch & Italian to English.
Work commissioned by Publishing companies, Artists, Website Designers (a selection):
- 2005 Dutch Felt – Vilt in Beeld, van Els- Dubelaar, Zijdar Book BV.
- 2006 And then there was Light , self portrait Dirkje van de Horst-Beetsma, De Doelenpers bv.
- 2006 Artist Catalogues, De Doelenpers bv.
- 2006 Website www.saskia.weishut.com
- 2007 Dutch Quilt – Quilt in Beeld, van Els-Dubelaar, Zijdar Book B
Since 1995 work has regularly been acquired internationally by both private & public collectors.
After graduating in 1976, I taught at Art College (Joseph Kramer College of Art & Design, Leeds, UK) and at Adult Education Centres.
1992 – onwards, teacher of Quilt & Embroidery related workshops, masterclasses, lectures & courses.
major appointments (a selection):
- European Patchwork Meeting, Alsace, France.
- Stitchting Textiel Plus, NL. – symposium, workshops & lectures. www.textielplus.nl
- Gallery Smend, Cologne, D. – workshops. www.smend.de
- Quilt & Art, Frankfurt, D. – workshops. www.quiltundart.de
- Quilt & Textilkunst, Munchen, D. – workshops. www.quiltundtextilkunst.de
- Schwabenakademie, Irsee, D. – symposia. www.textileart-doertebach.de
- QSDS, Ohio,U.S.A. – symposia. www.qsds.com
- Kria Vrisi Arts & Crafts Centre, Evia, Greece. – summer courses.
- European Patchwork Meeting, Fr. – workshops. www.patchwork-europe.com
- Dutch Textile Museum, NL. – workshops & lectures. www.textielmuseum.nl
- Dutch Quilters Guild, NL. – courses. www.quiltersgilde.nl
- Quilt Art Lugano & Giornate Ticinese – symposium, Lugano, Switzerland.
- Lquilt, Isreal, - affiliated teacher quilt & embroidery on-line workshops
Many teaching appointments for groups & quilt shops throughout Europe.
- Stitchting Beeldende Amateurkunst, NL. – since 2002 instructor within the “Quilten Speciaal” programme, a professional course for quilt teachers. www.sbakunst.nl
- Zijdelings, NL. – affiliated teacher of Surface Design workshops. www.zijdelings.com
- Texpertise, D. – affliated teacher of on-line courses, workshops & design modules. www.texpertise-online.de